Shanda Lear-Baylor, CLE, IBCLC
- Lactation Educator associated with the Lactation Institute in Encino, California. (1993-2005)
Director of Multi-media Education.
- As Shanda Bertelli, Shanda was
- Co-founder of S.P.A.C.E.
(Sensible Parenting Association of Consultants and Educators - Reno ) (1991)
- Founder of the Little University for Parents, in Switzerland. (1988)
- La Leche League Leader (1977-1987) Known as Author of a "How To Cope With Babies" and various pamphlets on the subject of parenting and
breastfeeding, including "Little Guide For Healthy Nutrition For Mothers And Babies." (1985)
- Founder and President of Italian division of La Leche League. Involved in all phases of management and human relations, from teaching in universities and hospitals, to managing public and
governmental media relations. Created program to prepare high school students for the responsibilities of feeding and caring for babies.
- Participated in various lobbying campaigns to change laws regarding the
protection of breastfeeding and childbirth in Italy and Switzerland. Worked in conjunction with the World Health Organization. (1974-1985)
- Founder and President of the Informed Parenthood Association
of Nevada, California and Utah. (1974)